Welcome to the IDEN Wiki
IDEN, Irish Doughnut Economics Network is a voluntary group of individuals that come together from all over Ireland to
- learn and share knowledge about transformative action through the model of Doughnut Economics
- explore a healthy discourse and hear different voices around new ideas for 21st-century economics
- connect with each other through the Doughnut Economics Action Lab (DEAL) code of conduct and principle of practice
- support ourselves and each other around the aim of meeting the needs of all people within the means of the living planet
- bring the doughnut local in an Irish context to their town, village, city, place of work or organisation and are learning how they might do that
This site is intended to hold our documentation and allow us to collaborate on events and actions relevant to Doughnut Economics in Ireland.
Irish doughnutters are a friendly bunch from all different backgrounds bringing their curiosity to a shared interest, to see if they can find answers in the doughnut for places we live, work and play in.
Our aim is to create an open resourceful space digitally and in person. The network has been in progress since September 2020.
We respectfully request that people wanting to join IDEN have familiarised themselves and joined DEAL as we follow the principles of practice
and the code of conduct
. By joining IDEN events or engaging digitally in dedicated spaces you are agreeing to have read & follow the code of conduct and principles of practice. This is to create a fair and safe space for everyone online.
What's happening in IDEN:
Newcomers may like to visit GettingStarted
and check out the global community DEAL website
IDEN Up and coming actions include:
Next dates for IDEN virtual cuppas:
23 Feb - 11am, Alice
23 March - 7:30pm, Roisin
26 April - 11am, Veronica
details of all events are published in the IDEN Slack Channel, shared via our email list and to the DEAL website.
IDEN will never share your details and will only your email to communicate IDEN information and events.
In 2022 be ran a very successful IDEN Movement Lab at the IMMA Eco Arts Festival, Saturday 21 - Sunday 22 October 2022 details here
. An exhibition, Maker Space and Interactive Workshops. The video celebrating and sharing that event will be launched soon.
The movement Lab did indeed create and extent the IDEN reach and has created a ripple of connections and conversations bringing action.
A Dublin Doughnuts and Coffee group has formed and are meeting monthly. Also a group in Ulster is forming.
Over COVID we were in action virtually hosting virtual cuppas, an IDEN Bookclub
: our 2020 deep dive collective read of doughnut economics via a book club model.
- Supporting each other on how to get into action, increase our knowledge and confidence to speak about DE with others
- Seeding doughnut economics nationally and locally
- Wiki [you are here]
- SLACK where we keep most of our communication
- Public talks on DE; Dublin Food Co-Ops, Bold Change Conference, Communities for the Future with Urbana and Ecolise, ENVIRON
- Developing IDEN as a network, workshop on vision and future actions
- Creating a network of allied spheres: Wellbeing Economic Alliance Ireland Hub, The Wheel, Dublin Food Co-Op, FairBnB, Urbana, Ecolise, DEAL global network
- Connecting to national Youth NEET programs to explore training for young changemakers
- Local doughnuts: West Cork Doughnut Network and aspiring Dublin, Wicklow and Wexford doughnuts.
- Learning with the global DE local founders and catalysts in the DEAL global community
- JOIN US
Listed on DEAL here
. The BookClub
is hosted by Caroline, Celine and Lauren. It came out of our first cuppa where Roisin asked us all to map our current knowledge of Doughnut Economics. The aim is to increase our knowledge, collective narrative and be able to speak about using the doughnut for transformative change. Individually committing to a deep dive read of one chapter a week. The group comes together to discuss and explore the chapters, reflecting on personal learning and action.
The IDEN book club has concluded it's deep dive. The format of 3 participants invited to lead the following week discussion. worked really well for learning and knowledge sharing. Most of the presentations are here