Welcome to the IDEN Wiki
IDEN, Irish Doughnut Economics Network is a voluntary group of individuals that come together to
- learn and share knowledge about transformative action through the model of Doughnut Economics
- explore a healthy discourse and hear different voices around new ideas for 21st-century economics
- connect with each other through the Doughnut Economics Action Lab (DEAL) code of conduct and principle of practice
- support ourselves and each other around the aim of meeting the needs of all people within the means of the living planet
- bring the doughnut local in an Irish context to their town, village, city, place of work or organisation and are learning how they might do that
This site is intended to hold our documentation and allow us to collaborate on events and actions relevant to Doughnut Economics in Ireland.
Irish doughnutters are a friendly bunch from all different backgrounds bringing their curiosity to a shared interest, to see if they can find answers in the doughnut for places we live, work and play in.
Our aim is to create an open resourceful space digitally and in-person (when this becomes possible again).
We respectfully request that people wanting to join IDEN have familiarised themselves and joined DEAL as we follow the principles of practice
and the code of conduct
. By joining IDEN events or engaging digitally in dedicated spaces you are agreeing to have read & follow the code of conduct and principles of practice. This is to create a fair and safe space for everyone online.
What's happening in IDEN:
Newcomers may like to visit GettingStarted
and check out the global community DEAL website
IDEN Actions since September 2020 include:
- Virtual cuppas: Open digital conversations on doughnut economics and the doughnut economics action lab, connecting people, exploring what exists and building on that
- Supporting each other on how to get into action, increase our knowledge and confidence to speak about DE with others
- Seeding doughnut economics nationally and locally
- IDEN Bookclub: our 2020 deep dive collective read of doughnut economics via a book club model
- Wiki and slack channel, evolving
- Submissions on public policy and local county council draft strategies led by individuals in IDEN
- Public talks on DE
- Developing IDEN as a network, workshop on vision and future actions
- Creating a network of allied spheres
- Connecting to national Youth NEET programs to develop training for young change makers
- Local doughnuts: West Cork Doughnut Network and emerging Dublin, Wicklow and Wexford doughnuts.
- Learning with the global DE local founders and catalysts.
- Your action added here <XXX>
As a new and emergent network we are forming through action.
The IDEN Slack is up and running request an invite to join. Link coming soon.
Open public virtual cuppa after-hours second Tuesday of the month
Virtual Cuppa - after-hours next session 9 March 2021 7:30 - 9:30 details
Virtual Cuppa weekly Friday morning sessions for active IDEN group managed through the SLACK event channel.
The VirtualCuppa space is to meet our active IDEN network.
We meet as individuals with a shared interest in Doughnut Economics in an Irish context.
Zoom details are available on request.
Listed on DEAL here
. The BookClub
is hosted by Caroline, Celine and Lauren. It came out of our first cuppa where Roisin asked us all to map our current knowledge of Doughnut Economics. The aim is to increase our knowledge, collective narrative and be able to speak about using the doughnut for transformative change. Individually committing to a deep dive read of one chapter a week. The group comes together to discuss and explore the chapters, reflecting on personal learning and action.
The IDEN book club has concluded it's deep dive. The format of 3 participants invited to lead the following week discussion. worked really well for learning and knowledge sharing. Most of the presentations are here